If you are looking for the perfect breakfast snack, today I will share with you the Oatmeal Muffins recipe.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup good chocolate chips (I love Ghirardelli)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cinnamon sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with foil liners (use foil, not paper liners, if you plan to freeze).(The key to this recipe – don’t skip this step!)
- Add oats to a bowl with 1/2 cup of the almond milk and allow the oats to soak while you prepare the rest of the ingredients (10 minutes or so). This softens the oats and gives the muffins great texture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and butter together until combined. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix (I find this easiest with a firm rubber spatula).
- Add the oat mixture and the remaining milk and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Fill the lined muffin tin using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon (the batter will be pretty thick, which is why the measuring spoon is helpful). If desired, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 18 – 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! This tastes better with the grind coffee, you must try if you are a coffee lover.